Using the Power of Birth to Create Peace on Earth
As a DONA trained doula, I bring the professional knowledge of one of the world's most respected doula organizations. My services extend far beyond the tenets of physical support for labor. Fertility, birth and motherhood are our Divine Feminine powers. We all have access to this power - often we just need to be reminded of how to access it, or we may need personal healing to be ready for the influx of energy. We can access this power through breath, meditation, reiki, drumming, visualization and even physical exercises (like yoga) to tune down the logical, rational mind and move into a space of quiet stillness. Choosing your care providers, support team and birthing location with this in mind will help facilitate a birth experience that is Divine.
Dawn Leonard's Doula Services
Why Hire a Doula
A Doula is a women who assists another woman during labor and birth. It is a non-medical role, which leads me to the belief that a doula is a spiritual guide. Regardless of your definition of Spirit, any woman who chooses, is capable of a peaceful birth. That is not to say it will be easy, but it can be peaceful!
There are many resources for learning about and hiring a doula. Here are a few:
As your doula, Dawn will:
- Assist you in preparing for and carrying out your plans for a Sacred and Spiritual Birth, while honoring any spiritual or religious tradition you carry
- Stay with you throughout your labor, beginning at your home if you choose, and moving with you to where you've chosen to birth
- Facilitate your experience of moving inward through drumming, breath techniques, reiki, visualization, positive affirmations or guided meditation as you prefer
- Suggest comfort measures, labor positions and movement
- Facilitate your partner's participation at his/her comfort level and collaborate with the rest of your birth team
- Assist you in your transition to becoming a (new) mother
If at all possible, I suggest attending my Yoga for Motherhood, a prenatal yoga class which will allow you to practice moving into your Inner Space of Sacred Power through the tools that I bring to your birth experience. This class is a powerful compliment to my service as your doula. I also offer Reiki through the Yoga for Motherhood class, and in private healing sessions.
Services Compensation: $800
I believe that birthing in Peace and Power is your birth right as a woman. I understand that hiring a doula may seem beyond your budget. But you deserve the support of an open-minded, non-judgemental doula. If you feel that your budget is tight, I will work with you to determine the best payment schedule so that I am compensated fairly for my time, and you get the support you deserve.
Doula clients are eligible for $25 off each 8-week Yoga for Motherhood package!
Not sure where to start with all of this birth talk? Get my free Birth Prep Check list when you sign up for the email list. You'll also receive pertinent updates on events and resources related to birth.