What's in a mala workshop?
At 108 + 1 Mala Workshops, we meet at the mat to learn about gemstones and their specific intentions, create a pattern for a mala (i.e., Tibetan prayer beads) with 108 gemstone beads plus 1 gemstone guru bead. Then, you will receive guidance to knot your very own mala, carrying home a finished sacred object made with your own divine intention.
This special mala workshop will be co-facilitate by Anahita Kalianivala of Mind Your Peace and Hues and Dawn Leonard of Sacred Rhythms.
Your registration ($101) includes:
Sunday, May 21 from 11am to 4pm (you are welcome to bring snacks to eat and share throughout)
Gemstone beads (6mm)
Necessary tools for the workshop
List of gemstones at workshop, including brief descriptions
Images of oracle and medicine cards used to select workshop's theme
Gemstone care instructions, including guidance on clearing and charging your mala
Guided meditations for your journey through motherhood
What's the workshop theme?
The theme for this workshop is fertility, conception, creativity and divine feminine wisdom. If you are working with any of these energies, your mala will be an empowering tool for the manifestation of your desires through intention, vision, ritual and meditation.
As is customary for Anahita's workshops and custom jewelry work, she uses Toni Carmine Salerno's Gaia Oracle cards to cultivate this theme (below). She also selected an animal spirit guide from the Medicine Cards deck by Jamie Sams and David Carson (to be revealed at the workshop).
We don't want to spill all the beans before the workshop :)
. . . but we do want you to have enough information to know whether this is right for you.
So, here are some snippets you may recognize in yourself
whether they represent where you currently stand or where you want to go, trust when you hear the call. . .
- You are working consciously to conceive and bring a new life into this world; or you are pregnant and are choosing to consciously bring a new life into this world; or you are open to all paths leading to motherhood
- You are aware of the dedication that birth and motherhood take and are ready to receive guidance and trust in your intuition
- You are a co-creator of your life and you are working through the karmas created with loved ones with grace, ease, compassion and forgiveness.
- You are very close to your situation at present which may be causing friction on your progress; take this opportunity to stop thinking, take a step back, and let the simple solution come through clearly.
- You have been on an emotional and spiritual journey for some time and now find yourself at a crossroads - is the journey coming to a close? or is it simply time to take a different look? To move forward, spirit and matter must merge; it is time for both your heart and your mind to come together and focus on the same goal.
- A romantic time in your life is coming forward; just one evening can lead you to discover and tap into a source of unlimited potential. It is time to create something new, something of lasting value.
- Step into the warm, bright rays of eternal love. A page has turned as a concern you have had dissolves away and moves into a period of sunshine and happiness.
All Creation is Co-Creation
Together in this mala workshop, we will create a space where you can explore some of these deeper issues and cultivate hope, purpose, and practices that carry you into the brighter tomorrow promised by the theme of fertility, conception and feminine wisdom.
During the workshop:
- We will discuss the selected oracle cards and you will have these intuitive tools at your disposal throughout our time together.
- You will be introduced to the gemstones that work to elevate and accelerate our theme. At the same time, you'll get to meet and greet the various gemstone beads, evaluating which call best to your specific purpose.
- Then, you will design the pattern for your 108-bead mala and we'll provide instruction on threading and knotting the beads (a la pearl knotting).
Specific gemstones selected for our theme will be revealed at the workshop. Additionally, a common guru bead will be selected for all co-journeyers at the workshop.
We can't wait to work together from a conscious collective and support one another as we come together around on a common theme.